Breastfeeding has many health benefits, and financially speaking, it helped us a lot in our financial situation especially during those early years that we’re living in a small budget – I’ve been in a business hibernate mode that time and hubby only works part-time.
The Gift of Breastfeeding
This beautiful journey is not as easy as most people thought.. it is one of the bravest decisions I made in my life.. one of my meaningful goals that I am happy to achieve.. a selfless dream that I have discovered..
I am always thankful to God for His abundant supply and for designing mommy’s body to be able to make the perfect food for babies – A liquid gold. Worth more than real gold.
The Special Bond (my short letter for Zee)
My little Zee, because breastfeeding is not forever, you might wean any time soon.. Mimi and Didi wants to document our special bonding.. because I know someday, this won’t matter to you anymore. you’ll forget all of this. Atleast… I (we) can go back to this moment..
Some people are amazed that I am still breastfeeding Zee (2 years & 2 months).. Some find it weird and too much… they are like “Hey! you’re still breastfeeding?”…. but there are people who ask me what am I doing to maintain my milk supply?
I am happy to share with you what worked for me and prayerfully will work to you as well:
1. Malunggay Hot Choco / Coffee – before I was a coffee addict, but caffeine can cause dehydration that will make mommy’s milk supply low. Glad that there are mompreneurs who developed choco/coffee mix for breastfeeding moms. (Mother Nurture, Kultura in SM Department Store’s Malunggay Coffee)
There are many people who kept on asking me, why I choose to breastfeed?
I am mompreneur and I have a busy schedule… how come I still choose to breastfeed?
Sharing with you my top reasons why I choose to breastfeed:
(And surely you’ll love it too)
“I choose to breastfeed because….”
1) I believe BREAST MILK is a gift from God, its a free gift and precious, I value every gift from above.
2) It makes me feel a Super Mom. (in today’s modern life, some people think breastfeeding is old-fashioned, but I believe modern and young moms can breastfeed too.)
3) Breast milk is made of antibodies, an immune system booster that can protect our babies from viruses and sickness. (it is proven that breastfed babies have stronger immune system)
4) The future effect on babies. Breastfed babies often are more intelligent, and less prone to obesity and more..
5) Helps mommy lose weight fast – I am still a chubby mommy, but breastfeeding as per studies can burn 500 calories per day ( I wonder how big I am now if I didn’t breastfeed? Haha)
6) Breast milk is organic and 100% natural. (I am pro-organic and natural products)
7) Breastfeeding can save money (no expenses for formula milk and mineral water)
8) Breastfeeding fits an on-the-go mom like me.
9) Breastfeeding help mommies be cancer free! (studies shows that nursing moms are less likely to have cancer – the more years the mommy breastfeeds, the longer she is less at risk of having cancer)
10) Breastfeeding is love… It has that special bonding magic between mommy and her baby..
For more information about breastfeeding:
You may check this link:
add Breastfeeding Pinays Group on your facebook