If we will have an honest “heart check”, how many times did we choose money and material possessions more than God? Yung simple na mas inuuna pa natin ang other tasks instead of praying. Facebook over Bible pa lang, guilty … Continue reading
Holy Week is more than a long holiday. We remember and honor what Jesus did on the cross or what we can call “The Great Exchange”.
What is the Great Exchange?
Because God loves us so much, instead of allowing us to suffer from eternal death in hell because we are all sinners, and no one meets God’s standard,
He sent His only Son to this world “Jesus” :
He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our inequities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)
And because of what Jesus did on the cross, we can now receive the gift of eternal life when we receive Him as our Lord and Savior.
What a great exchange right? Amazing Love it is!
Here are some of our bucket-list this Semana Santa or Holy Week that you may also want to try :)
1. Travel as family – visit a new place, schedule a staycation or visit your province. But due to crowded tourist destinations, staying at home will always be a great option :)
2. Family Devotion – have a special family devotion this holy week. We downloaded this devotional guide which we will be discussing with the whole family, you may also download it for free! :)
Holy Week Devotional 2015 -> here
3. Prayer & Fasting- most Filipino do not eat meat during this season, we can also schedule a special fasting as family if the spirit prompt you to do so.
and pray more as family example is:
Monday– Spiritual Growth
Saturday- Lost People
Sunday- Thanks Giving
4. Watch Bible-themed Movies (great example is the Passion of Christ ; I am still searching for a cartoon version for Kids) let me know if you have any recommendations :)
5. Go to Church as family
6. Attend an Easter Event I highly suggest one organized by church, for it is more focus on what Jesus did + ofcourse the fun activities for kids.
Have a blessed meaningful holy week ahead!