Its been 12 months since I gave birth. And since then, my everyday life became more meaningful.
With every new things that my baby is discovering it seems my everyday is a surprise.
I just want to share my top 10 things that changed after having a child.
And I’m sure most newbie moms like me can relate too! (wink*)
1) Body Figure – it is common for women to gain weight (lots of weight, actually, haha) during and after pregnancy. Stretchmarks are now normal and not just a sign of stretched skin but a battle scar.
2) Sleeping Pattern – I used to be a night owl, but now, I need to wake up early to start my day early so I need to sleep a little early. Being a mom, will make your day longer and night shorter.
“Mommy.. First to wake-up and last to sleep”
3) Priorities –When I became a mom, I can trade spa time for an afternoon nap with baby. Playing peek-a-boo and singing him songs over parties ; baby’s essentials rather than new clothes. And being an entrepreneur, I need to turn down some projects to assure that I have enough time to take care of my family – husband & baby.
4) Husband Bonding– Changing the diaper is your new bonding, your new dream is to sleep for 1 whole day.
5) Food – I became even more of a healthy eater, I am seriously reading every product description now to check if there are preservatives or food color. Haha! I am more intentional home cook mama, trying to serve as healthy meals as possible.
6) Bath time – I can finish my whole bathing routine in 7 minutes (while stove is set on a timer too). Ba-bye to an hour of spa-like bath and hello to express bath!
7) Vocabulary – there are cute words that you’ll be using unconsciously everyday e.g like shoo babye, a-kiss kiss, pack away, tickle, tap tap, wash wash washy… Plus the made-up songs
8) Interest – from new sets of mommy friends, make ups and clothes are placed number two to baby’s cute new outfit, IQ toys and new products for babies, songs on your music player will be loaded with baby songs and nursery rhymes.
9) Strangers treatment – since day 1 it seemed like we turned into people magnet, strangers are smiling at us, older people are even approaching us and giving advices about parenthood as if you knew them personally and for a long time 🙂
10) Relationship with my mother – I appreciate my nanay more when I became a mom myself, taking care of Zee is our number one bonding moment.
What about you? Can you share some of the things that changed in your life after having a child?