Standing up after a great fall is one of the hardest thing to do in life. This often happen when you’re in the business world. Being an entrepreneur requires us to take risks. And sometimes, things don’t happen and work according to what we have planned.
Naniniwala ako that everyone of us, at some point in our lives experience the painful word “FAILURE”, yung may mga sleepless nights, anxiety attacks and so much more, let me tell you that “I -Feel- You”.
I’ve failed many times, in small simple decisions in life and of course a couple of times in business ventures.. And it is true “Ang mahal matuto sa life and lalo na sa business”
But as the Chinese Proverb says “Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up”. I admit, there were days na nagpipity-party ako, naaawa sa sarili, reminiscing my past achievements, re-computing , full of “if only…” complaints…
Then.. One day, God tapped my back and said “Anak, you were born to succeed, you have My DNA, you have the right and power to achieve and be victorious, I have given you the abilities and talents to succeed in life. Move on! Move!”
And YES! Its a wake-up call! As always, God is always on-time, Those words were what I exactly needed to hear, I tend to be stagnant and stuck, full of excuses… Then that word “MOVE!” alarmed me.
Sharing with you some tips on how to move on after a business failure:
- LET GO – We need to Let Go of our disappointments, forgive those people who’ve brought us into frustrating situation, forgive ourselves. Let Go,Let God.
- BE GRATEFUL- Start the day with thanksgiving, stop complaining. Appreciate the things that still remains. Stop comparing your life to other people.
- POSITIVE FUTURE– Believe that God can restore everything you’ve lost and replace those things with greater things. For the mean time, just embrace the changes and never stop believing and dreaming for bigger things.
- STRATEGIZE- In case you have debts to pay, strategize on how you can pay off all those debt. (Work part-time if needed. Remember too that a good name is a treasure /inheritance)
- RESET PLAN A– Mr. Francis Kong said in one of his seminars that “Do not try and try until you succeed, but instead, Try, if it doesn’t work, Study what went wrong and try with a better approach” I couldn’t agree more to this statement, because really how can we expect a different result when we keep on doing the same things?
- HAVE A MENTOR- It is important to invest in yourself- in education, being better in your craft. As entrepreneur, we do not have a boss, kaya kailangan natin ng mga mentors at accountability partners. We need to be open for improvements and be hungry to learn new things.
- HAVE FAITH- The Bible said the opposite of Fear is Faith. Just believe that God is a restorer, Believe that His plans for you are great.
Hebrews 3:5-6 AMP “……. for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down..”
Let us all use our failures, set backs, wrong decisions, test as testimony that life is full of second chances, third chances, forth chances and even fifth chances.
If at first you don’t succeed, don’t quit! Remember that there will be no light bulb if Thomas Edison give up after failing 1,000 times.