Since my hubby & I will be celebrating our “Second Wedding Anniversary”..
I would like to start my blog by sharing some practical tips on how you can save on your wedding day.
Yes, wedding is the most awaited event every couple would have,
But it is not an excuse to spend all your hard earned money, and welcome your first day as mr. And mrs. with big debts to pay.. Its a big NO, NO…
Here are some practical ways we did and we hope we knew on our wedding day:
Ways to save money on your wedding day:
1) Hello Manila! Go to Divisoria.
– it adds fun and adventure on exploring the city of manila primarily, divisoria.
You can look for locally made and discounted products, rates are 30-60% much affordable than items available in Malls, you can even get big discounts when you are good in haggling..hehe From table decorations, invitations, giveaways, baskets to your flower girls’ gown, you can find a good bargain at Divisoria.
yourself Together Projects
– not only you can save but it can also practice your creativity, plus its an additional bonding between you and your spouse to be. Do it yourself wedding items also add personalized touch to your wedding. You dont need to be a graphic artist or a scrap and craft expert, you can get concept and free printable formats online.
We made our invitations, ecobags, windmill and more..
3) Consider local seamstress
– Bride’s wedding gown is one of the main highlight in a wedding, but why spend too much for a one day event? You can search different design from the web, mix and match till you achieve your dream wedding gown and why not talk with a local seamstress, you can buy your own materials to assure quality outcome and just pay her for a labor cost. Not only you can save from a designers’ rate gown, but you can also help by supporting local sewers in your community. You may also consider renting or borrowing a gown…
4) Avail promos
– when visiting bridal fairs, grab opportunities like “sign up now and get 30% off”
It is important to view suppliers profile before the event’ to avoid being an impulse buyer,
buy in package and get freebies.
We got our photo and video coverage with free wedding teaser through their online promos.
– choose a venue that will not only cater your dream wedding theme, but offers rooms and food services, so you dont need to look for another hotel or venue booking for your honeymoon. Choose a venue near your suppliers to lessen cost of delivery charges, consider the corkage rate for photobooths, lechon and others..
6) Bundled treats
– we chose a venue who also offer catering services, and we really got a good deal from them. We are blessed to be the first wedding they’ve served that’s why they also gave us a special discount.. :) invest on your food, make your guest’s tummy happy. :)
Look for packages like venue + catering + rooms, there are also providers with package for host,cake and video coverage. You can save both your time and moolah.
7) Be simple yet creative
– choose a casual mood, we asked our guest and entourage to wear casual beach attire so they can re-use their clothes even after our wedding. Being invited in different wedding occasions, wearing a formal dress is one of my dilemma, and i usually end up buying new dress.
Make it simple in terms of decorations, remember it is your spouse’s union the main highlight of the wedding, not your decorations, so focus on more important details.
Make the program simple and easy to follow, it will save you from many props’ costing.
8) Pick a good wedding month – lean season months
-February is near valentines day, the price of flowers are at their peak, but since we wanted our wedding day to be exactly our 10th anniversary, we dont have much of a choice, but instead of using flowers, we’ve looked for other decorating alternatives.
Consider hotel and resorts peak months when planning an out of town wedding.
During lean seasons, it is hard to book a wedding date, the higher your competition,
The more its harder for you to haggle with your suppliers.
9) Ask help, volunteers and carpool
– if you are blessed with talented people around you, you can ask them to do a favor on your wedding. We had some of our friends as the wedding singers, Asked some of our friends if they can offer carpool for others who will be commuting. Our coordinators, hosts are relatives and friends. But we also recommend if you have a budget to hire a private coordinator who are experienced in wedding planning, as well as the hosts, so your friends and relatives can also enjoy your big day..
10) Keep it private, limit the guest-list
– you can save from your catering cost when you limit your guest list. So make a list of your circles.. Sort them by category, and discuss this together with your partner. Make it an RSVP and ask them to respond, make a list of your “waiting list” guest, in case there are people who will back out, they will fill the slot.
Venue: Klub Keluarga, Laiya, Batangas.
I remember Mr. Rene Ressurection said in one of his books “sa papiso-piso nakaka isang libo”
Hope it helps!
God bless you! Smile :) Life is Fun!