In our fast-paced world, it is easy to get caught up by the new technology. We sometimes spend much more time on our mobile devices than the times we spend playing with our kids.
Like most moms, I believe in the numerious benefits of playing with our children. Some experts say that play helps our kids be more creative, be a problem solver and it enhances their confidence level. If you’re a regular reader of my blog, palagi kong sinasabi na worth it palagi to “invest in our child’s core memories” and one of the great ways to build memories with our children is to sit on the floor with them, and be part of their world even just for a while.
Being a mom of a toddler boy, medyo energy-draining talaga, mas active play ang gusto ng boys compared to most little girls na pwede naka-upo lang kayo and pretend “tea time” play.
I also understand that some parents are busy, yayaless and working from home. That’s why we are not into activities and play ideas that involves a lot of “preparations”
Sharing with you our top 10 Free and Easy play ideas that your little boys will definitely enjoy:
1. Kitchen Chef
get some pasta or beans available in your pantry and pretend play like you’re a customer and he is a chef.
Toys from the kitchen 😁 “Pouring and Counting Beans” 🏡 #learnthroughplay #toddlerlove #toddleractivities #vitaminzee #counting #ruralliving #simpleliving A photo posted by Mommy Gracie (@graciemaulion) on Apr 13, 2016 at 7:38pm PDT
2. Super Hero (cape)
– get your cape or use a shirt to make a cape for you and your child and pretend that you are superheroes by flying around the house.
3. Carwash the cars – get some of his toy cars, a soap and a foam, pretend like he is a carwasher.
4. Act out songs – our favorite is “Walking in the jungle” Jungle Run (piggy back ride) – carry your child at your back “act out the song together” you can wear a mask, head piece or just listen to the song and sing together while acting. Super enjoy ito for our kids mommies!
5. Blow some bubbles – making bubbles is always a fun idea. Kahit tayong adults nag eenjoy sa bubbles di ba? Schedule a ” family date in the park” sit on the grass or even just outside your house and blow some bubbles.
A photo posted by Mommy Gracie (@graciemaulion) on Aug 22, 2015 at 8:59pm PDT
6. Hide in the blanket and read a book using a flash light
This is my son’s favorite thing to do before bedtime. It’s like camping indoor. Mas focus pa sya makinig sa story.
7. Make BBQ out of dry leaves
Walk around in the afternoon, gather some dried leaves and put them on a stick and pretend like you’re making “BBQ”
8. Music Feast Make everyday a music festival by singing and dancing together. (Download some nursery rhymes) Singing together is my son and husband’s favorite bonding together.
Carton Piano 🎹 hihi! 😉 #vitaminzee #toddleractivities #diy A video posted by Mommy Gracie (@graciemaulion) on Mar 17, 2016 at 5:54am PDT
9. Tickle Fight! No materials needed, just stick your monster hands out and bring the tickle fight on! I assure you, this game will bring lots of laughs and you’ll surely end up enjoying this game too.
10. The Freestyle Play using the things around you. You set your own rule. Use your imagination. The sky is the limit.
Sorting & Matching Game using his old baby socks 😁 Anlalim ng iniisip ha baby 😂 #homemadetoys #diy #recycle #totschooling #learnthroughplay #letthembelittle A photo posted by Mommy Gracie (@graciemaulion) on Oct 17, 2016 at 7:27pm PDT
I want to say “yes” to my child’s play invitation because I know “I am my child’s favorite toy”… dishes, house chores, emails can all wait.. it is up to us on how we are going to spend our time.
“Don’t always put an immediate stop to their fun. Join them. Get dirt on your face or paint on your arms. Allow yourself to be creative. The memories you make will last a lot longer than the time it takes you to clean up afterward. Spend time in prayer today. Allow God to give you a spirit of gladness and not one of mourning. Ask him to help you see the beauty among the ashes your children create. Give thanks for their creativity. If you will seek our faithful Lord, I know He will help you find the peace you need to survive the chaos. And, who knows? You may even have a little fun in the process.” ▪ A minute for mommy devotional #mommyhood #capturechildhood #play #matchymatchy #zeepkids #motherandson
A photo posted by Mommy Gracie (@graciemaulion) on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:40pm PDT