Christmas season is not only the busiest but also a month of big purchases. Lalo na maraming sale weekly, we moms, are tempted to visit all those sale events and grab the best buy items. Especially here in our country, … Continue reading
Yes, not only kids are excited about Christmas, and admit it! There’s something magical about the season… Not to mention the cold breeze at night.. The colorful lights and lanterns, the joy and excitement in the children, The spirit of love and generosity surrounds everyone..
Of course, the reason for the season “to celebrate the Birth of our Savior, Lord Jesus Christ” I wanted to share to you some of our planned Christmas activities for this year, hope you’ll get something from it and make this year really memorable for you and your family.
A) Have Christ-Centered Christmas
- Watch Superbook “Christmas Story” Movie
- Read the book of Luke and Matthew and follow these activities
- Make a birthday cake for Jesus
- Attend a Christmas Special Church Series
- Pray as a family on Christmas’ Eve
B) Share the Love
- Donate to a charity (cash/toys/clothes/canned goods)
- Send a Christmas Card to relatives in the province
- Have candy or biscuit loots inside the car, and share it to street children
- Choose a family to bless this year (give a grocery basket – for their Christmas Eve Celebration)
- Have candies/chocolates on your bag and share to your security guards and mall attendants
- Join Christmas Charity Outreach Programs
- Treat a stranger a parking fee or a jeepney fare
- Buy & Wrap Gifts for love ones
C) Kitchen Ideas
- Have a Menu Budget, Keep it simple-affordable meals and Buy ahead of time (avoid last minute shopping)
- Prepare a special dish (for example instead of preparing a typical spaghetti, why not prepare Baked Mac? almost same ingredients but different cooking method)
- Make ginger cookies or colorful cookies and decorate with kids or family
- Bake a cake (I will share a no-bake cake recipe within this Month too)
- Have a red and green-themed meals
- Prepare a dish or dessert for relatives and neighbors
- Share a recipe to a friend
D) Decorations & Art
- Have a Theme (Example: White Christmas, Colorful Christmas…)
- Re-use your old Christmas Tree or make a DIY Christmas Tree
- Decorate the stairs and doors (remember Less is More, keep decorations simple)
- Frame a Verse about the birth of Christ , Christmas Quotes or Christmas greetings
- DIY Paper Snowflakes for Bedroom
- DIY Paper Pompoms for Dining Area
- DIY Christmas Banner
- Printables: Christmas Calendar, Menu Plan, Budget Plan & Gift Plan
- Have a Family Portrait
E) Outside the Home
- Visit Lights and Sounds Show (Ayala, Makati City)
- Stroll around and watch Christmas lights
- Check out nearby Bazaars
- Visit Relatives
- Eat Bibingka and Puto Bungbong
We’re praying we can check all of these activities this year..
What about you? Do you have additional activities in mind? or a recipe that you wanted to share?
Please feel free to share it with me :)
Remember Jesus is the reason for the season, not our house decorations nor our Christmas Menu.
Whatever we have, wherever we are, Let’s just celebrate the season with love, joy and unity..
Merry Christmas everyone!
“Celebrate Life, Today is Special” Psalm 118:24