Hello Loves! Few days ago we celebrated our 3 years of team work in parenthood in a Beach Resort in Laiya, San Juan, Batangas (It has been our family tradition to visit different beaches whenever we have special occasions in our … Continue reading
This resort must be the most famous among those who wants to visit Padre Burgos, Quezon.
We also saw this resort through a travel blog. And since we have a toddler with us, we’ve decided to book a room instead of “camping” in the island itself.
The Tamarind Tree Resort
Our family stayed at Tamarind Tree Resort, it is the only beachfront resort near the islands as per the resort representative. But there are other resorts available or you can bring your tent or rent one in the islands if your opt for an adventure. But I think you should bring mosquito repellent, flashlight and portable fan if you’ll consider camping.
This February, my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. Eversince, beach has always been our happy place.
The sea is a witness that after 10 years of being in a relationship and 4 years as a married couple, we still DO love each other.
After searching for a beach near Manila, we’ve decided to go to Padre, Burgos Quezon. (5-6 hours drive)
PHP 1,700 (gasoline for Revo + toll fees)
It was our first Quezon adventure, and I am excited to share with you why we fell in love with the Province of Quezon and why you should put it on your travel bucket list too.
We went to three islands in Padre Burgos and Pagbilao, Quezon
- Borawan (Boracay and Palawan in One)
- Dampalitan Island
- Puting Buhangin (Pagbilao, Quezon)
A Surprise, Loaded With Favor Staycation
My family was blessed with an overnight stay in Sofitel Manila
Upon checking-in… the lobby clerk saw that we have a toddler (Little Zee), and upgraded our room to Club Millesime room so we can have a king size bed instead of 2 single beds without any additional charge (to make co-sleeping safe). Another WOW! and Big Favor! We’re just amazed on how this staycation was loaded with lots of favors from Above.
I just want to Share with you lovelies why you should consider Sofitel Manila for your grand family staycation:
- Luxury Rooms (Comfortable & Relaxing)
The room’s contemporary design (combination of French and Filipino Design) gave us a truly relaxing stay,
Sofitel’s Mybed is so comfortable I wish I can sleep all day.
Busyness of Mommy Life
When you become a mom, you will appreciate a trip to the grocery alone, a shower time without an audience, an eat-out day or the “kitchen day-off” and having your hubby give your little one a bath.
But moms, we are also human, we are not a machine, nor a battery-operated toy. We need to “pause” , “breathe” and yes, we need R.E.S.T.
“Six days you shall work, but on the seventh day you shall rest. In plowing time and in harvest you shall rest.”
Last August, our family were blessed to have a staycation in “Shabby 1943 Unit”
Shabby 1943, is located at Wind Residences in Tagaytay City! It’s only a 2-hour drive from Manila. That’s why Tagaytay City, is a perfect go-to travel vacation for families like ours, who want to say bye-bye to the busy life in the City to unplug and “Selah” or Pause for a while.
Shabby 1943 is owned by Gementera Family. The lovely couple (a photographer and a copyrighter) got married in Tagaytay City and had many beautiful moments there, that’s how personal and close Shabby 1943 unit is in their hearts and you’ll see that on how they decorated their joyful space.
What our family loved about Shabby 1943 Unit that you’ll surely love too.
- Interior Design– the room has a really “shabby” interior design, making it refreshing, joyful and so relaxing.
- A Place like Home- you will feel as if your at your own place.
Holy Week is more than a long holiday. We remember and honor what Jesus did on the cross or what we can call “The Great Exchange”.
What is the Great Exchange?
Because God loves us so much, instead of allowing us to suffer from eternal death in hell because we are all sinners, and no one meets God’s standard,
He sent His only Son to this world “Jesus” :
He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our inequities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)
And because of what Jesus did on the cross, we can now receive the gift of eternal life when we receive Him as our Lord and Savior.
What a great exchange right? Amazing Love it is!
Here are some of our bucket-list this Semana Santa or Holy Week that you may also want to try :)
1. Travel as family – visit a new place, schedule a staycation or visit your province. But due to crowded tourist destinations, staying at home will always be a great option :)
2. Family Devotion – have a special family devotion this holy week. We downloaded this devotional guide which we will be discussing with the whole family, you may also download it for free! :)
Holy Week Devotional 2015 -> here
3. Prayer & Fasting- most Filipino do not eat meat during this season, we can also schedule a special fasting as family if the spirit prompt you to do so.
and pray more as family example is:
Monday– Spiritual Growth
Saturday- Lost People
Sunday- Thanks Giving
4. Watch Bible-themed Movies (great example is the Passion of Christ ; I am still searching for a cartoon version for Kids) let me know if you have any recommendations :)
5. Go to Church as family
6. Attend an Easter Event I highly suggest one organized by church, for it is more focus on what Jesus did + ofcourse the fun activities for kids.
Have a blessed meaningful holy week ahead!
If you’re going to ask me and my husband what our happy place is, that would be BEACH!
So if you are looking for a resort near Manila, why not check out a new place we’ve found in Calatagan, Batangas :)
My husband proposed to me at the beach (Matabungkay, Batangas) ,
we exchanged our vows in a beach too (Laiya, San Juan Batangas).
Then, we celebrated our First Wedding Anniversary still at the beach (Boracay, Aklan)
And since our Baby Zee turned ONE last May 28, 2014, we’ve decided to celebrate it in a beach. hehe :)
Then we saw AQUARIA BEACH RESORT online, a new beach resort in Playa, Calatagan, Batangas. It is part of Playa Calatagan’s Leisure Tourism Estate developed by Landco. From Manila travel time is 3 hours.
Here’s their admission rates for non unit owner:
inclusion: pool usage, beach and shower
Adult – PHP 400
Child (4ft tall) – PHP 200
The Birthday Boy wearing his PERSONALIZED B-day Details Shirts from Tiny Thinkies :)
Are you on a budget too? :)
I think this is perfect for those who wants to have their “family devotion time” during the Lenten Season (without spending much).
Last Tuesday, I needed to attend a 2-day workshop in Mandaluyong City.
Since, I can’t leave my baby at home (breastfeeding and without a yaya), hubby & I decided to look for a budget-friendly hotel.
And we found a perfect place where hubby and my little baby can stay while I am on my training.
What we love about Go Hotels:
- Very accessible (beside Robinson’s Pioneer)
- Affordable room rates (we had our room at PHP 1600+ Queen Size Bed & Breakfast for two at Tokyo Cafe)
- Homey Ambiance
- The super shower
- Really friendly & accommodating staff (they allowed us to store my expressed breast milk on their hotels’ refrigerator)
How staying in the hotel helped us:
- since it is near the workshop venue, I can just take a tricycle instead of bringing our car
- save us time from travelling (approx. travel time from our house to the workshop venue is 2-4 hours one way x 2 if round trip)
- I still breastfeed my baby, since the venue is near – hubby and baby dropped by the workshop during lunch break so I can feed my little boy.
- hubby and baby strolled around the mall beside the hotel while waiting for me
- buying food is easy because you can buy food in the mall (no eating allowed at the room, but they have tables where you can eat at each floor)
- we had a sweet sleep
You can check more details about the hotel here: